The application deadlines for international candidates are:
- Fall admission: June 1
- Spring admission: October 15
The Accounting Department requires the following documents in order to consider an international application:
- Graduate College Application
- Official transcripts from all schools attended
- GMAT scores (sent electronically)
- Unofficial TOEFL/IELTS
These materials can be sent directly to the Accounting department at the following address:
Department of Accounting
ATTN: MSA Coordinator
McClelland Hall 301
P.O. Box 210108
Tucson, AZ 85721-0108
Please note that the graduate college also requires certain documents. Links to those requirements can be found here:
US-Equivalent Bachelor's Degree
Generally, a four-year, first university degree can be considered comparable to a U.S. bachelor's degree, provided that it was earned at an institution officially recognized by the Ministry of Education as a university-level academic institution in that country. The comparability of international coursework and degrees will be determined solely by the Graduate College.
Test of English as a Foreign Language
- A strict minimum TOEFL score of 85 for consideration, or a minimum IELTS score of 7 (with no lower than a 6 in any section) is required.
- Test scores must not be more than 2 years old
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination can be submitted in lieu of the TOEFL. Please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
- Please refer to the Admission Information by Home Country to see if the TOEFL is required
Exemptions for English Proficiency
Exempt from submitting English proficiency scores are:
- Applicants whose native language is English.
- Applicants who have completed two years of full-time academic study in the U.S. (i.e. - 60 semester graded hours of upper division, undergraduate work or 30 semester graded hours of graduate work.)
- Applicants who have received a bachelor's or graduate degree from institutions in the United States, English-speaking Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand or other official English speaking countries. Note: If the student has been residing outside the English speaking country for more than 2 years since completing studies or earning a degree, he or she may be required to submit current TOEFL or IELTS scores as part of the admissions process
Please refer to the Graduate College's Proficiency in English requirements for further information.
The United States Justice Department of Immigration and Naturalization requires international students to have a financial guarantee during their tenure at the University of Arizona.
- International students must guarantee availability of funding of approximately $62,055 for the 2016-2017 academic year (see Graduate College Financial Guarantee Form for exact amount)
- Add $8,000/month if accompanied by a spouse
- Add $5,000/month for each accompanying child